Being LGBTIQ+ Inclusive – face to face training
14 May, 2021 @ 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Being LGBTIQ+ Inclusive – introductory training in creating safe and inclusive environments fo LGBTIQ+ people
Being LGBTIQ+ Inclusive is a 3 hour, in-person professional learning session. It is Working It Out’s introductory training package for organisations, employees and individuals. It will introduce participants to LGBTIQ+ inclusion through a range of interactive learning activities.
For participants 18 and over.
At the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Describe issues of discrimination and harassment faced by members of the Tasmanian LGBTIQ+ communities and their consequences
- Identify personal biases and misconceptions
- Adhere to appropriate legislative requirements in relation to LGBTIQ+ inclusion
- Use appropriate language and terminology in relation to LGBTIQ+ inclusion
- Embed LGBTIQ+ inclusive practices into everyday behaviours and organisational practices
- Unpacking gender, sex and sexuality identifies – definitions and terminology
- Pronouns and misgendering
- State and Federal anti-discrimination laws relating to gender, sex and sexuality
- Everyday experiences of stigma, discrimination and isolation and their impacts
- Key strategies for being inclusive
*NOTE: some content delivered via pre and post learning materials and activities
About our facilitators
Working It Out trainers are qualified educators with expertise in adult learning. They create safe, interactive and reflective spaces for participants using their experience and expertise from being part of, and working extensively with, the LGBTIQ+ community.
Thanks to David Malone Design for the graphic.