- This event has passed.
Language Matters Public Training – Online
17 June, 2021 @ 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Language Matters – an online introduction to concepts and language to support LGBTIQ+ inclusivity
Language can be used to include or exclude. This short session will unpack key concepts around how identity and language and how language can be used to support inclusion for people of diverse gender, sex or sexuality.
For participants 18 and over.
At the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Describe key terms that relate to sexual and gender diversity
- Describe the connection between language and inclusion
- Use language appropriately to support LGBTIQ+ inclusion
- Unpacking gender, sex and sexuality identifies – definitions and terminology
- Pronouns and misgendering
- Everyday experiences of stigma, discrimination and isolation and their impacts through language and action
About our facilitators
Working It Out trainers are qualified educators with expertise in adult learning. They create safe, interactive and reflective spaces for participants using their experience and expertise from being part of, and working extensively with, the LGBTIQ+ community.
A link to the online session will be emailed to you on registration.
Thanks to David Malone Design for the graphic.