OUTspace Burnie (Ages 18-24)
14 July @ 5:45 pm – 7:00 pm
OUTspace is a peer support group for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer+ (LGBTIQ+) young people, and for young people who are not sure about their gender and/or sexuality. It’s an opportunity to meet, hangout and learn from your community.
OUTspace is a confidential group, which means we can’t tell anyone that you’ve come to OUTspace without your permission. This also means that we don’t ‘out’ each other in public.
What happens at OUTspace?
- Introduce ourselves and our pronouns
- Make a group agreement so we can feel safer to participate
- Hear about LGBTIQ+ news, events and culture
- Share experiences and ask questions of each other
- Group activities and games including theatre sports, arts and crafts
- Special events and movie screenings
In Burnie the group will be facilitated by Garry from Working It Out, will be meeting at the WIO office @ The Junction, YFCC, 129 Wilson St, Burnie on the 2nd Friday of every month, 5:45pm -7:00pm
**OUTspace also runs statewide over Zoom on the 4th Thursday of every month.
Please contact Garry in the NW for further information on email@example.com or 0455 031 262.
Check the Hobart and Launceston events for details of those in-person gatherings.
Note that this venue has level access.